Baked Golden Nugget




























I love baking or cooking with seasonal produce. On Fall and Winter season one of my favourite produces are squashes, so many great choices here in Ontario. I really like simple made foods and what's more delicious than caramelized honey baked squash. My favourite baked golden nugget or baked butternut squash... This weekend I made baked and caramelized golden nugget squash.

Ingredients
1 gold nugget squash
2-4 tablespoons white or brown sugar
1 pinch cinnamon
honey

Directions
Wash the squash, cut in half lengthwise, and scrape out seeds and string portion.
Cut lengthwise in desired portions and arrange squash pieces in a baking dish. Sprinkle each squash with a pinch of cinnamon and 2-4 tablespoons sugar. Pour boiling water into the pan to a depth of 1 inch. Bake in a 400F one for 30-40 minutes, or until squash is tender and a bit caramelized. Serve warm or cold. drizzle with honey (optional)

Enjoy!